Now 40+ years later, I am reminded of those simple moments quite often, and I still love everything about the summer — even the summer heat!
For most of us, the school year is over which translates to summer sun and summer activities. As summer begins, whatever your plans may be I encourage you to make the most of each opportunity. We all have those memories that are brought up around the supper tables, go and create those memories. However, do not forget the sweet summer moments that remind us we do not always have to be elaborate in our plans to make lasting memories.
What I’m Looking Forward to This Summer
While I am looking forward to the norms of the summer, I am sharing a few of my favorite simple things of the summer.
- Deck sitting, especially under the stars and lights, where the quiet encompasses me.
- Walking 18,000 steps following my son on his golf outings.
- Sun brewed iced tea, three to five hours in the bright sun brings a mellower taste to my favorite beverage.
- Corn on the cob and what is even better, grilled corn on the cob. Our friends introduced this to our family and even our kids love it.
- Tomato sandwiches – you know the BLTs without the LTs, these are absolutely delicious in the summer. On a side note, I refuse to eat these in the other seasons as the tomatoes are not fresh.
- Kohlrabi is another favorite garden pick which was introduced by my dad.
- Walking sheep with my kids.
- Family Farmer’s Market adventures, what could be better in the summer? Fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, fresh flowers and great conversations.
The first signs of summer are upon our family, with the most obvious being that I’m unfazed by time and days of the week. Still I am excited to create a full summer of memories while being intentional about the simple things of summer.
K-12 & Teens
My husband and I have three kids. Our oldest is a freshman in high school, and our youngest is in second grade. Most days, I feel like we are a “tag-team chauffeuring” service, yet I wouldn’t have our life any other way. Not only I am a business/technology teacher at Milford, I am also the district technology integration specialist. I love teaching because I get the opportunity to make those around me better. My hope is that, through my blogging, I am able to inspire, encourage, and share with you my adventures of being a wife, mother, and professional.