Many of us have been stuck in traffic and noticed roadside signs or smoke shops advertising for CBD oil. But, does it work? Is it safe? Is it legal? How is it different than marijuana?
As a doctor, I had these same questions and did my own research. Based on this, I can tell you that it’s legitimate and it works!
What Is CBD Oil?
CBD (or Cannabinoid) oil is extracted from the marijuana plant. The CBD portion of the plant is extremely valuable, particularly in treating pain. CBD oil is used to unlock the body’s own endocannabinoid system, which affects metabolism, diabetes, pain regulation, inflammation, digestion and so much more. Also, it’s important to know that CBD oil has none of the hallucinogenic properties typically associated with marijuana or THC.
Benefits of CBD Oil
Some of the many benefits of CBD oil include:
- Powerful anti-inflammatory
- Fewer/no side effects compared to current medications
- No hallucinogenic properties
- Pain relief
Who Can Benefit from CBD Oil?
In our experience, CBD oils work well for a number of people including those who:
- Have chronic pain
- Cannot tolerate non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Have allergies/dependence issues with opioids
- Have tried numerous pain relief options unsuccessfully
- Are not healthy enough for surgery or surgery did not successfully provide pain relief
How Do I Take CBD Oil?
There are a wide range of methods for taking CBD oil to experience its benefits. These include:
- Sublingual – where you place the oil under your tongue so it dissolves and absorbs into your blood through tissues under the tongue. With this method, there are also many different flavors available.
- At Capital Foot & Ankle, most of our sublingual options are full-spectrum, meaning they contain more of the hemp plant than just the CBD, including small amounts of THC (less than 0.3%). THC is the chemical found in marijuana. It can have side effects such as hallucination. Less than 0.3% of THC is a healthy amount.
- We also carry isolated CBD sublingual oil, which contains no THC.
- Gummies and soft gels that can be taken orally
- Topical options which you apply to your skin
How Can I Learn More & Find Out What’s Best for Me?
Stop in and ask our experts. All of our staff are trained on the use of CBD oil and available to answer your questions. CBD oil is an over-the-counter product–you don’t need a prescription or an appointment to obtain and benefit from this natural remedy for many health conditions.
Capital Foot & Ankle:
- Located at: 5055 A Street on the 4th floor of the 5055 Building
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Phone: 402-483-4485